Paranormal Activity 2

If it's not broke don't fix it.

This is totally the case for Paranormal Activity 2 which is more or less a carbon copy of the original but still adds so much to make it stand out on its own. Just like when I saw the original I was getting super nervous to watch this expecting it to be the scariest thing ever. Although it didn't reach up to scariest ever it still had my blood pumping and thoughts racing. I really enjoyed this movie a lot more than I originally thought mainly because it did something most sequels don't accomplish by giving it's predecessor a run for it's money.
Also the way the film was marketed gave it a total sequel feel but what caught me off guard was this movie was a combination of prequel and sequel. I totally had no idea but loved the idea of getting a little more into the characters than compared to the original which just threw you right into the story. With this film being majority prequel it actually makes the original a little bit better and defiantly makes me want to watch it again.
When I said "if it's not broke don't fix it" it was the best line I could think of to describe the formula used for the paranormal activity series. This movie does it all for a horror fan as soon as night falls you can feel your heart pounding  and looking around the theatre you know you're not alone. Also you want to grasp the entire scene and atmosphere so your eyes will dart across the screen looking for the smallest detail to move or fall off a shelf. As soon as the scene returns to daytime you immediately calm down and can catch your breath until the next nightfall.
The addition of a child and dog just make this movie so creepier. Cause lets be serious what's scarier than a BABY! He adds so much to the movie and was an awesome baby actor. I know sounds weird but believe me I know baby actors haha. The dog adds some intensity because like the viewer he notices every small sound or movement and wants to immediately investigate regardless of how terrifying it may be. Similar to the viewer regardless of how scared you are you still cant take your eyes away because you want to know what will happen next.

Paranormal Activity 2 does an excellent job of keeping you at the edge of your seat. I would give the movie a 3.5. I know it sounds like I'm raving about it but in the end its just the first one all over again. I really thought the whole prequel sequel thing was a great idea but it still didn't change the movie enough to give it any better of a review. I would totally recommend seeing this in theatres mainly because the sound adds so much to the film and watching other people get freaked out is always a blast. Although I'm sure this film has many repeat watches in it such as trying to watch it home alone... betcha can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment